Thursday 31 January 2013

Ceilings: Why Put a 'Lid' On Them?!



Believe it or not, one of my most popular Vivid Hue posts that people stumble upon through google search is called Sky's The Limit: Painted Ceilings.  I wrote it when this lil blog was merely two weeks old and yet people continue to find it by searching for "painted ceilings."

I'm a huge fan for painting the ceilings in a room because I think it elongates a room.  It's fun to coordinate with different colors or even varying shades of the same hue.  Almost all rooms in my house have painted ceilings (for example sun room, master, study, powder room- you get the point). 

But I've always talked about painting the ceiling in a solid color.  What if you were to have even *more* fun and add a few stripes to the roof!  I am now obsessed with trying this somewhere in my house.  How fun would the tent ceiling be in a child's room?   This can be achieved with paint, removable wallpaper, hand painting (see below), or plain wallpaper

The results deliver an ultimate punch!


Designmegillah
Flat ceiling made to look like a tented ceiling. 

Wonders Will Never Cease (Custom hand painted!  Can you believe!!!)
Custom HAND PAINTED ceiling (by wonders will never cease).  Can you believe???

Design Crisis
Shelterness
 
 
Shelterness
Decorating Ceiling With Stripes
Shelterness
Decorating Ceiling With Stripes
Shelterness
 
Decorating Ceiling With Stripes
Shelterness


Decorating Ceiling With Stripes
Shelterness
Decorpad

HGTV


HGTV
created at: 05/25/2010
Curbly.com  (This is wallpaper)
What are your thoughts about painting, wallpapering, decorating a ceiling?  Would you ever do it in your home or your client's home?  Do you prefer one medium over another? 

xoxo  Heather | Vivid Hue Home

6 comments:

  1. WOW!
    What fun ceilings!
    I gold leafed a tray ceiling about 10 years ago. Loved it...do think it helped sell the condo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore these chic rooms! Love the striped ceiling with the tent effect the most! Great roundup!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! These are just too much! In a good way, I think the simple gold foyer is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just "planked" our dining room ceiling. It's not a fun color like these, but it is a bit more fun than plaster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say a big hell yeah. I'm going to be doing it soon as a matter of fact :) That's hand painted ceiling is just ah. maz. ing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for featuring our black ceilign! image by www.mcgilldesign.ca and furniture by www.myplumdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...