Wednesday 22 May 2013

DIY Bar Cart Tray





I have been challenging myself to see decor items in a different light lightly.  This has spawned a series of DIY projects for me.  I spotted this lime green tray at Michael's for $15 and ya'll know I absolutely love color, specially this green.  But I started to brainstorm other ways I could view this tray and other uses beyond a lemonade tray for summer patio drinks. 

I grabbed my spray paint and painted this baby a nice gold hue.  Ultimately, I'd like to use it on a bar cart with whiskey and spirits.  But for now, it's sitting in my entryway table. 

Courtesy of Devon Rachel


9 comments:

  1. Great idea! And I love the way you hung it to spray. Smarty pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very smart Heather, a total transformation!

    Come and join me on my adventure in France!!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a sucker for gold! I just finished a DIY bar so I need a tray like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green is pretty but the brass is even more fabulous! Great transformation, Heather!

    P/S: By the way, I was invited to curate for Arcadian Home recently and the sale goes live today. Don't forget to check out my collection and let me know your thoughts! :)

    http://arcadianhome.com/d/7589_eclectic-chic--1490_my-finds-12780

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great tray and a lovely transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous in the gold! And aren't you clever to think of hanging it that way to spray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can totally see it used on a bar cart too! I like the new oclor you gave it. I like it in the entry way to catch mail too. Trays are so versatile.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...