Monday 23 April 2012

Temp Style-Removeable Wallpaper

wallcandyarts apple blue/green
I was a military brat growing up.  I was used to living in temporary houses and, therefore, we couldn't permanently alter the state of the walls.  I learned a few nifty tricks from my mom on how to decorate creatively to work around this challenge. 

In fact, my first townhouse after college, I literally used laundry starch to hang a bed sheet as wallpaper on our kitchen wall.  It was a bold navy and white gingham print and once the fabric was securely starched in place, it stayed there for three years.  When we got ready to move out, I literally stripped the sheet right off the wall and the paint remained undamaged underneath. 

wallcandyarts sorbet stripe
Now that I'm "all grown up" I own my house and can wallpaper my walls.  Only I haven't pulled that trigger yet because, well, it seems so permanent.  Imagine my delight when I recently discovered wallcandyarts...temporary wallpaper that can easily be removed and applied to another location in the house. 



wallcandyarts apple pink/green


wallcandyarts stripe blue creme

wallcandyarts striped mango/cranberry

 Some of the wallcandyarts prints look destined for a kid's room.  But I can also see them in a kitchen, a laundry room, a mudroom, a bathroom...even an office. 


wallcandyarts popsicles
Each print is available in a half kit ($148) or a full kit ($256). 

Half kit includes 2 rolls of wallpaper (totaling 5.22 yards in length) and full kit includes 4 rolls of wallpaper (totaling 10.44 yards in length). Each roll is 26" wide by 94" long. Squeegee hand tool included.


For a more grown up temporary print, I discovered Tempaper. 
Sold as 1 double roll of 20.5 in. x 11 yds. = 56.37 sq. ft for an average of $98 each.  Check out these great prints:

Tempaper

Tempaper Etta Powder and Copper

Tempaper Edie Lemon Ash


Tempaper Marrakech Honey Jade


Tempaper Tots Skotti Blush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...