Friday 27 July 2012

Pondicherry for the Master

I have made an exciting new purchase for the master bedroom


Serena and Lily Pondicherry Bed



This is the Serena and Lily Pondicherry Bed with Nailheads

I'm obsessed with the super high headboard (75" tall).  When I set out to decorate the master bedroom, I had not intended on getting rid of our Merlot colored headboard.  Now that the furniture has been in there for a few months, I've had time to contemplate a few tweaks and adjustments I'd like to make to the room. 


I spotted an uber tall headboard similar to this one from abcddesign and a light bulb went off in my head...I have never loved those silhouettes I made of my family in the location above the bed.  I would love them on a side wall but just not as a main focal point in the master bedroom.  This Pondicherry headboard will solve that!  There will be no room for anything else on that wall!

And, remember my little trip to Lillian earlier this week?  While I was there, Lynne helped me search the bedding samples and suggested I try this John Robshaw stripe for the bed. 

John Robshaw
 Envision it with a coverlet or throw on the bottom and lots of colorful pillows.. .I think it may actually be a hit. 


I played around on Olioboard with some ideas. This isn't perfect but will give you an idea of how it may look:




Wow, what a hot mess.  Let me explain this hodge podge...
The x benches are already in the room. The Serena and Lily Charing Cross rug is already there. The pink polka dot print is meant to resemble a colorful throw. I found the patchwork patterned throw on Layla Grayce. I don't know if the colors match but it could add a bit of texture to the bed. (Obviously I would only select one throw, not polka dotted pink and patchwork teal).  The pillows are just place holders to symbolize "color."


Lot's of progress made during my little trip to see Lynne. I'll be excited to share more with you soon!



7 comments:

  1. ooo your bed is going to look fantastic! Thanks for sharing the program for those mood boards! I am going to have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving it! Where did you find the polka dot fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lianna, Olioboard is fantastic...you'll get addicted!

    Elizabeth, I'll locate that fabric name for you and post soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the high headboard and all the layering on the bed. (I get frustrated on Olioboard-my boards never resemble what I have in mind!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the headboard! The height is fab! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog ... and I'm delighted to have found you in return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never realized the headboard you got was that tall - it will look amaze-a-balls. can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that headboard, Heather. Just when I think the room is perfect, you go and make it better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...